F1 And MotoGP News: Your Formula 1 And MotoGP News SourceMake Sure To Check The Latest F1 And MotoGP News And Results Here!

Stoner Insists He Will Not Race V8's Next Year

Current MotoGP World Champion, Casey Stoner, has dismissed any speculation that he will go touring car racing when he retires from MotoGP at the end of this season. Stoner has been linked with V8 Supercars series in Australia, but denies any such plans but to enjoy his life with his family.

Speaking to news agency AAP, the 26 year old Australian said: “Am I going to race V8s next year? No, I'm going to stay at home and watch my little girl grow up for a while. I want to enjoy that moment when you don't have to go testing and prepare yourself perfectly for a race season. I want to enjoy myself and be free. Number one, I will enjoy my family and not have to stress about the next race."

When quizzed over the idea of wildcard MotoGP entries next season, he replied: “I'd have to think about it and I haven't thought about it too much. I just want to finish this year and do the best I can. I've had no second thoughts. I'm retiring from full-time racing.”

The Australian will be replaced by Spain's Moto2 rider Marc Márquez at the Repsol Honda team, who will become the first rider to take advantage of the abolishment of the Rookie Rule; previously, this prevented competitors from heading to a MotoGP factory team directly from Moto2. The young Spaniard will begin next year's campaign two months after his 20th birthday.

Spray Paint Secrets Video Banner

2026 F1 Championship Standings (as of September 26)

PDriverTeamPoints
1Andrea AntonelliMercedes302
2George RussellMercedes236
3Lewis HamiltonFerrari199
4Lando NorrisMcLaren186
5Charles LeclercFerrari179
6Max VerstappenRed Bull163
7Oscar PiastriMcLaren120
8Isack HadjarRed Bull86
9Liam LawsonRacing Bulls59
10Pierre GaslyAlpine41
11Arvid LindbladRacing Bulls37
12Franco ColapintoAlpine27
13Oliver BearmanHaas20
14Gabriel BortoletoAudi10
15Nico HülkenbergAudi7
16Carlos SainzWilliams7
17Esteban OconHaas7
18Alexander AlbonWilliams5
19Fernando AlonsoAston Martin3
20Yuki TsunodaRacing Bulls1
21Lance StrollAston Martin0
22Valtteri BottasCadillac0
23Sergio PerezCadillac0
PTeamPoints
1Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team538
         Poles: 11       Sprint wins: 4       GP wins: 11
2Scuderia Ferrari HP378
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 2
3McLaren Mastercard F1 Team306
         Poles: 3       Sprint wins: 1       GP wins: 2
4Oracle Red Bull Racing263
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
5Visa Cash App Racing Bulls83
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
6BWT Alpine F1 Team68
         Poles: 1       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
7TGR Haas F1 Team27
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
8Audi Revolut F1 Team17
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
9Atlassian Williams F1 Team12
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
10Aston Martin Aramco F1 Team3
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
11Cadillac F1 Team0
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0

2026 MotoGP Championship Standings (as of September 20)

PRiderTeamPoints
1Jorge MartinAprilia Racing306
2Marc MarquezDucati Lenovo294
3Marco BezzecchiAprilia Racing264
4Pedro AcostaRed Bull KTM234
5Fabio Di GiannantonioPertamina Enduro VR46230
6Ai OguraTrackhouse Racing222
7Raul FernandezTrackhouse Racing203
8Alex MarquezGresini Racing158
9Francesco BagnaiaDucati Lenovo156
10Fermin AldeguerGresini Racing115
11Luca MariniHonda HRC Castrol98
12Enea BastianiniKTM Tech397
13Brad BinderRed Bull KTM94
14Diogo MoreiraPro Honda LCR65
15Fabio QuartararoMonster Energy Yamaha61
16Franco MorbidelliPertamina Enduro VR4656
17Johann ZarcoCastrol Honda LCR45
18Joan MirHonda HRC Castrol33
19Jack MillerPramac Racing28
20Alex RinsMonster Energy Yamaha24
21Toprak RazgatlıoğluPramac Racing18
22Maverick ViñalesKTM Tech310
23Iker LecuonaGresini Racing9
24Augusto FernandezYamaha Factory Racing6
25Pol EspargaroKTM Tech35
26Takaaki NakagamiHonda HRC Castrol3
27Michele PirroGresini Racing0
28Cal CrutchlowCastrol Honda LCR0
29Lorenzo SavadoriTrackhouse Racing0
30Jonas FolgerKTM Tech30
PTeamPoints
1Aprilia Racing570
         Poles: 7       Sprint wins: 4       GP wins: 5
2Ducati Lenovo Team450
         Poles: 4       Sprint wins: 7       GP wins: 5
3SuperFile Trackhouse MotoGP Team425
         Poles: 1       Sprint wins: 2       GP wins: 2
4Red Bull KTM Factory Racing328
         Poles: 1       Sprint wins: 1       GP wins: 1
5Pertamina Enduro VR46 Racing Team286
         Poles: 2       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 1
6BK8 Gresini Racing MotoGP282
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 1       GP wins: 1
7Honda HRC Castrol134
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
8Red Bull KTM Tech3112
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
9Honda LCR MotoGP110
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
10Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP85
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
11Prima Pramac Racing46
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0