F1 And MotoGP News: Your Formula 1 And MotoGP News SourceMake Sure To Check The Latest F1 And MotoGP News And Results Here!

Dovizioso Third, Crutchlow Crashes Out

Italian Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Andrea Dovizioso's outstanding form in this season's Championship continued today, with Dovizioso collecting his fifth rostrum in seven races in very hot conditions at the Brickyard.

Starting from the front row of the grid the Italian became locked in an entertaining battle with injured Australian Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider was able to streak away from Stoner to consolidate his status as the leading non-factory rider in the MotoGP rankings after today's race didn't have the positive outcome that his British team mate Cal Crutchlow was aiming for.

For the first time this season, Crutchlow failed to score points in the MotoGP class. He looked to finish inside the top six for the ninth time in 11 races when the Englishman latched onto the back of a pack including Bradl, Stoner, Bautista and Dovizioso, fighting for third before the halfway stage. Cructhlow lost the front-end of his satellite Yamaha at Turn 4 on lap 10, just as the 26 year old was sizing up an attack.

Andrea Dovizioso
"This podium is once again confirmation of our great work as a team and I am really proud of the support I get from all my crew in the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team. For us a podium is always like a victory and of course I'm really happy but I think we still can do better. But honestly I didn't expect to be so strong at this track. Unfortunately I could not push as hard as I would have liked to at the beginning of the race, so I lost a bit of time and could not stay with the leading group. I also want to pay tribute to Casey today because he delivered a brilliant performance. Physically he wasn't in the best shape but it was still very hard to beat him."

Cal Crutchlow
"Unfortunately today was the first time this season I have not finished a race and not been inside the top 10, so it is pretty disappointing. I had exactly the same crash yesterday morning during free practice and I will hold my hands up and say it was a silly mistake. I can't blame the track because it was on the part with the old asphalt. I opened the throttle and lost the front but that was an area we seemed to be struggling with the whole weekend. So to crash out is disappointing and I am sorry to the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team because we could have had another strong result."

Press release courtesy of Monster Yamaha Tech 3.



2026 F1 Championship Standings (as of October 4)

PDriverTeamPoints
1Andrea AntonelliMercedes320
2George RussellMercedes236
3Lewis HamiltonFerrari214
4Charles LeclercFerrari191
5Lando NorrisMcLaren188
6Max VerstappenRed Bull188
7Oscar PiastriMcLaren128
8Isack HadjarRed Bull96
9Liam LawsonRacing Bulls65
10Pierre GaslyAlpine41
11Arvid LindbladRacing Bulls38
12Franco ColapintoAlpine27
13Oliver BearmanHaas20
14Gabriel BortoletoAudi10
15Nico HülkenbergAudi7
16Carlos SainzWilliams7
17Esteban OconHaas7
18Fernando AlonsoAston Martin7
19Alexander AlbonWilliams5
20Yuki TsunodaRacing Bulls1
21Lance StrollAston Martin0
22Valtteri BottasCadillac0
23Sergio PerezCadillac0
PTeamPoints
1Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team556
         Poles: 11       Sprint wins: 4       GP wins: 11
2Scuderia Ferrari HP405
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 2
3McLaren Mastercard F1 Team316
         Poles: 3       Sprint wins: 1       GP wins: 2
4Oracle Red Bull Racing298
         Poles: 1       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 1
5Visa Cash App Racing Bulls90
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
6BWT Alpine F1 Team68
         Poles: 1       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
7TGR Haas F1 Team27
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
8Audi Revolut F1 Team17
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
9Atlassian Williams F1 Team12
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
10Aston Martin Aramco F1 Team7
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
11Cadillac F1 Team0
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0

2026 MotoGP Championship Standings (as of October 4)

PRiderTeamPoints
1Jorge MartinAprilia Racing333
2Marc MarquezDucati Lenovo331
3Marco BezzecchiAprilia Racing284
4Pedro AcostaRed Bull KTM243
5Ai OguraTrackhouse Racing237
6Fabio Di GiannantonioPertamina Enduro VR46230
7Raul FernandezTrackhouse Racing216
8Francesco BagnaiaDucati Lenovo164
9Alex MarquezGresini Racing158
10Fermin AldeguerGresini Racing122
11Enea BastianiniKTM Tech3116
12Luca MariniHonda HRC Castrol104
13Brad BinderRed Bull KTM99
14Diogo MoreiraPro Honda LCR74
15Fabio QuartararoMonster Energy Yamaha66
16Franco MorbidelliPertamina Enduro VR4657
17Johann ZarcoCastrol Honda LCR48
18Joan MirHonda HRC Castrol33
19Jack MillerPramac Racing28
20Alex RinsMonster Energy Yamaha24
21Toprak RazgatlıoğluPramac Racing18
22Maverick ViñalesKTM Tech312
23Iker LecuonaGresini Racing9
24Augusto FernandezYamaha Factory Racing6
25Pol EspargaroKTM Tech35
26Takaaki NakagamiHonda HRC Castrol3
27Somkiat ChantraHonda HRC Castrol3
28Cal CrutchlowCastrol Honda LCR0
29Lorenzo SavadoriTrackhouse Racing0
30Jonas FolgerKTM Tech30
31Michele PirroGresini Racing0
PTeamPoints
1Aprilia Racing617
         Poles: 8       Sprint wins: 4       GP wins: 5
2Ducati Lenovo Team495
         Poles: 4       Sprint wins: 8       GP wins: 6
3SuperFile Trackhouse MotoGP Team453
         Poles: 1       Sprint wins: 2       GP wins: 2
4Red Bull KTM Factory Racing342
         Poles: 1       Sprint wins: 1       GP wins: 1
5BK8 Gresini Racing MotoGP289
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 1       GP wins: 1
6Pertamina Enduro VR46 Racing Team287
         Poles: 2       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 1
7Honda HRC Castrol143
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
8Red Bull KTM Tech3133
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
9Honda LCR MotoGP122
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
10Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP90
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
11Prima Pramac Racing46
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0