F1 And MotoGP News: Your Formula 1 And MotoGP News SourceMake Sure To Check The Latest F1 And MotoGP News And Results Here!

Espargaro Tenth, De Puniet Suffers Mechanical Problem

Power Elctronics Aspar riders Randy De Puniet and Aleix Espargaro were riding excellently throughout the race weekend, but a spanner was thrown in the works for one of them come race day.

The two riders started strong, but mechanical issues affected their end result. Spain's Aleix Espargaro had a gear change problem that affected him on every turn. Despite this problem, Espargaro held on to take tenth place at the Brickyard.

His French team mate, Randy de Puniet, was not so fortunate, he had to return to the garage after eight laps with a clutch issue. De Puniet was disappointed but recognized the uncommon nature of the problem, and will be back to top form at Brno next weekend.

Aleix Espargaro
"I was very focused on having a good race, because I had a lot of fun riding this weekend. I got a good start and was feeling comfortable, but at the midway point of the race I realised that the gearbox was starting to fail. Suddenly the bike went into a false neutral. I was still able to catch Valentino and tried to follow him on every corner, but when I hit the false neutral again I ran wide. I had to make up the time again every time. I stuck with Hernández after that, but it was hard to get past him with this issue. Despite everything, I was able to place tenth and got six points for my tally, so we have to be satisfied and look forward to next weekend."

Randy de Puniet
"I started strong, but Aleix and Yonny soon got past me. I then stuck behind them to study their riding. The race started to heat up, but I didn't want to take any risks. Two laps before the clutch broke, I felt something strange; in the first corner I found it impossible to change gear and lost nearly a second there. On the same lap, on the chicane before the straight, I could tell that something had stopped working correctly and again lost two seconds. The next lap went ok, but after that the clutch gave up on me. I am disappointed, because once again we have lost a lot of points, but now we have to look at the positives and continue to work hard ahead of Brno to recover those points."

Press release courtesy of Power Electronics Aspar.

Sky 4 Energy

2026 F1 Championship Standings (as of October 10)

PDriverTeamPoints
1Andrea AntonelliMercedes325
2George RussellMercedes236
3Lewis HamiltonFerrari221
4Charles LeclercFerrari197
5Max VerstappenRed Bull196
6Lando NorrisMcLaren189
7Oscar PiastriMcLaren128
8Isack HadjarRed Bull96
9Liam LawsonRacing Bulls69
10Pierre GaslyAlpine41
11Arvid LindbladRacing Bulls38
12Franco ColapintoAlpine27
13Oliver BearmanHaas23
14Gabriel BortoletoAudi10
15Nico HülkenbergAudi9
16Carlos SainzWilliams7
17Esteban OconHaas7
18Fernando AlonsoAston Martin7
19Alexander AlbonWilliams5
20Yuki TsunodaRacing Bulls1
21Lance StrollAston Martin0
22Valtteri BottasCadillac0
23Sergio PerezCadillac0
PTeamPoints
1Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team561
         Poles: 11       Sprint wins: 4       GP wins: 11
2Scuderia Ferrari HP418
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 2
3McLaren Mastercard F1 Team317
         Poles: 3       Sprint wins: 1       GP wins: 2
4Oracle Red Bull Racing306
         Poles: 2       Sprint wins: 1       GP wins: 1
5Visa Cash App Racing Bulls94
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
6BWT Alpine F1 Team68
         Poles: 1       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
7TGR Haas F1 Team30
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
8Audi Revolut F1 Team19
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
9Atlassian Williams F1 Team12
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
10Aston Martin Aramco F1 Team7
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
11Cadillac F1 Team0
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0

2026 MotoGP Championship Standings (as of October 10)

PRiderTeamPoints
1Marc MarquezDucati Lenovo343
2Jorge MartinAprilia Racing339
3Marco BezzecchiAprilia Racing284
4Pedro AcostaRed Bull KTM247
5Ai OguraTrackhouse Racing246
6Fabio Di GiannantonioPertamina Enduro VR46237
7Raul FernandezTrackhouse Racing216
8Francesco BagnaiaDucati Lenovo166
9Alex MarquezGresini Racing163
10Fermin AldeguerGresini Racing125
11Enea BastianiniKTM Tech3116
12Luca MariniHonda HRC Castrol104
13Brad BinderRed Bull KTM99
14Diogo MoreiraPro Honda LCR74
15Fabio QuartararoMonster Energy Yamaha67
16Franco MorbidelliPertamina Enduro VR4657
17Johann ZarcoCastrol Honda LCR48
18Joan MirHonda HRC Castrol33
19Jack MillerPramac Racing28
20Alex RinsMonster Energy Yamaha24
21Toprak RazgatlıoğluPramac Racing18
22Maverick ViñalesKTM Tech312
23Iker LecuonaGresini Racing9
24Augusto FernandezYamaha Factory Racing6
25Pol EspargaroKTM Tech35
26Takaaki NakagamiHonda HRC Castrol3
27Somkiat ChantraHonda HRC Castrol3
28Cal CrutchlowCastrol Honda LCR0
29Lorenzo SavadoriTrackhouse Racing0
30Jonas FolgerKTM Tech30
31Michele PirroGresini Racing0
32Aleix EspargaroHonda HRC Castrol0
PTeamPoints
1Aprilia Racing623
         Poles: 8       Sprint wins: 4       GP wins: 5
2Ducati Lenovo Team509
         Poles: 4       Sprint wins: 9       GP wins: 6
3SuperFile Trackhouse MotoGP Team462
         Poles: 2       Sprint wins: 2       GP wins: 2
4Red Bull KTM Factory Racing346
         Poles: 1       Sprint wins: 1       GP wins: 1
5BK8 Gresini Racing MotoGP297
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 1       GP wins: 1
6Pertamina Enduro VR46 Racing Team294
         Poles: 2       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 1
7Honda HRC Castrol143
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
8Red Bull KTM Tech3133
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
9Honda LCR MotoGP122
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
10Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP91
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0
11Prima Pramac Racing46
         Poles: 0       Sprint wins: 0       GP wins: 0